Like to stop problem gambling? Hypnosis can help.
Gambling can be fun – an innocent recreation – a visit with friends to Foxwoods Casino or Twin River – maybe a vacation to Las Vegas.
But gambling can also become a problem – when you gamble more than you can afford or when it causes relationship, family or other problems including legal and health problems.
Whether you want to stop gambling entirely or simply cut down, I am happy to help. If you have been diagnosed as suffering from a gambling disorder I will work with your therapist as part of your recovery theme. If you are open to participation in Gamblers Anonymous or smart Recovery, then I will help you make those programs work for you.
Either way you can expect hypnosis and hypnotic coaching to put you back in control of your life.
When is gambling a problem?
- You don’t have to gamble everyday or even every week for gambling to have become a problem. It is a problem when it disrupts your life – whether you gamble once a day or on a once a year spree.
- You can have a problem with gambling even if you think you can afford it financially. It is a problem when you can’t afford it emotionally as well. Plus you may be deluding yourself when you think about the other things you could be doing with the money you are losing.
- And you can have a problem if all you do is scratch tickets – yes I have had clients who only did scratch tickets and suffered as much as those who went to an illegal bookie to place bets on sports and houses.
Some Sure Signs Gambling
Has Stopped Being a Mere Hobby
- You are secretive about how much you gamble or how often you go.
- You have trouble walking away once you start gambling.
- You gamble when you don’t have the money (use credit cards or ATMs)
- Family and friends have spoken to you about your “gambling problem”
How to Win at Quitting Gambling
with Hypnosis and Hypnotic Coaching
We will begin by discussing your life and how gambling fit into it. You will need to decide whether you want to quit entirely (one day at a time) or moderate. We will then do hypnosis to help you get your emotions and habits in line with your conscious intention.
Keep in mind I am not a licensed addiction therapist. I work with people who want to replace destructive habits with new healthier ones. If that is you, then I am happy to work with you alone or – if you have slipped over the line into genuine addiction – as part of your recovery team.
Interested in coming into the office to talk about my gambling hypnosis program? Give me a call at 401-374-1890.